Publishing with GPR
GPR features high-quality research papers, interviews, and essays that survey new contributions to the fields of international relations and international security. Articles are judged on the basis of originality, argumentation, and prose. Authors wishing to publish in GPR can submit:
- Papers: research articles that range from 6,000 to 10,000 words.
- Essays: editorials, reflections, and concise essays that range from 4,000 to 6,000 words.
- Reviews: short articles that examine and critique published research. Reviews should range between 2,000 and 4,000 words.
- Formatting and citations: submissions should be formatted accordingly to the Chicago Manual of Style, 17th edition.
- Headings: level 1, centered and bold. Level 2, centered and bold-italic. Level 3, flush left and bold.
- Footnotes: citations have to be amalgamated and signaled serially by superscript numerals. Citations must be inserted as footnotes accordingly to the Chicago Manual of Style, 17th edition.
- Bibliography: papers and essays should contain a bibliography formatted accordingly to the Chicago Manual of Style, 17th edition.
- Manuscript File Format: all submissions have to be sent as an editable Microsoft Word file (.doc or .docx).
- Data or additional sources: any data-set or additional material used to support the paper must be submitted to GPR via email.
What We Offer:
- Open Access: GPR has no paywall or hidden fees, it is simply open for everyone.
- Ethical Licensing: you retain full copyright of your work, we simply publish it for you.
- Outreach: we have a large and diverse readership, strong social media presence, and solid indexing.
- Peer-review: we adhere to a double-blind peer-review policy where the identity of the reviewer and the author are concealed from both parties.
- Proofreading: our in-house editorial team proofreads all accepted manuscripts.
1. Manuscript submission:
Authors are required to:
1. prepare the manuscript accordingly to GPR’s Editorial Guidelines,
2. submit the manuscript via GPR’s Online Manuscript Submission Form.
1. check the manuscript for plagiarism,
2. verify if the manuscript adheres to GPR’s guidelines and scope,
3. contact the author.
1. evaluate the manuscript accordingly to originality, argumentation, and prose,
2. decide whether the manuscript should be published, revised, or rejected,
3. contact the authors via GPR’s editorial team.
1. revise the manuscript, if necessary, and submit it again to the editors,
2. sign and submit a scanned copy of our Publishing Agreement,
3. receive a proofread per-publication proof.
The manuscript will be published:
1. on our website as an individual PDF,
2. on our website as part of a collective volume,
3. on third party repositories (e.g., Google Scholar)
Submit Your Manuscript
- You can submit a manuscript using the Online Manuscript Submission Form. In the Form you will be asked to fill-in various information and upload an anonymous copy of your article as a Microsoft Word file (.doc or .docx).
- The manuscript should be anonymous and not include any information that identifies the authors. The file should include a title page with an abstract, no longer than 250 words, and six keywords. The manuscript will be peer reviewed only if it adheres to GPR’s editorial guidelines.
- If you require assistance with the Online Manuscript Submission Form, please send us an email via our Contact Form.